View Single Post
retriever

retriever is on a distinguished road

Alright, I finally remembered to drop a line to Sonnet's support team and I have to say I'm really impressed. I had a reply in under half an hour which really caught me out. I figured I wouldn't hear from them for a couple of days but hey, this works fine for me. Here's their reply:

Shawn,

This card is made for us by Firmtek so all the updates are at www.firmtek.com. Why they don't want us to mirror their downloads, I don't know.

Are you on a G4 machine by chance? If yes, you might want to actually downgrade your firmware to the last version. Apparently the 5.31 firmware they ship on the card will cause problems in older G4 machines. So they reposted 5.13 for those customers. Here's a link:

http://www.firmtek.com/download/SeriTek1S2_513.zip

Neal
Sonnet Customer Service
support@sonnettech.com

Well, I just ran through the procedure, which took all of seven minutes, and it looks like things are rather harmonious so far. The machine goes into sleep immediately upon command and shut downs are quick again. So it looks like any owners of Sonnet cards are fine using the Firmtek updaters, or rather downdaters(???) in my case. Consider this case closed as long as the sleep and shut down/restart stays consistently good. I just wanted to share my experiences with everyone. I can't be the only schlub who has ran into this issue. Thanks for the help here.

shawn
QUOTE Thanks