View Single Post
KevinLK

KevinLK is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice guys.

Regarding the processor power, I personally wouldn't care or notice a difference between the 2.8 or 3.06 Core 2 Duo processors, my only concern was that I could go all the way to a 3.0 Quad Core if I went PC. But then again, I'm not rendering movies or 3D animations or anything.

As for Photoshop, I'm already used to using a combination of Photoshop and Imageready 7, but I've never used CS/2/3 so I have a bit of catching up to do I guess. But I don't think iPhoto alone will cut it for me so I will probably end up with CS3 (or maybe I'll wait until CS4 depending on the release date).

@ Bluray: Being someone who has switch fairly recently, did you find that a lot of stuff was not compatible with OS X? My biggest fear is that I'm going to drop $2000 on a system only to find out that nothing is compatible. That being said, I mainly use Lightroom, Photoshop, Pentax software, iTunes, Firefox, Frostwire, and MSN/Windows Live Messenger, all of which are available for OS X anyways, so I guess I shouldn't be worried about it.
QUOTE Thanks