View Single Post

Member Since: May 18, 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 60
TheTrueMoron is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz

TheTrueMoron is offline
The MBP has holes underneath the keys on the keyboard (if you look carefully under the keys, you can see). I believe this goes right into the inside of the computer which would mean, yes, the keyboard is used as a vent. (If I'm wrong, someone please correct me so I don't mislead the OP.)

I bought a generic silicone cover on ebay and it doesn't seem to overheat my MBP when I check my temperature stats. However, when I'm using higher applications particularly video playing, the temps start to rise and the fans become quite audible. In that situation, I remove the cover just in case so that airflow isn't restricted. It's not like it's hard; the cover just lays on top of the keys. If you need it, I'd say get it. If your computer starts getting hot, just take it off.
QUOTE Thanks