View Single Post
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexknibb View Post
Yeah, I can't wait to get Logic Pro. I think I'll be ok with my 5400rpm drive when I get Logic, seeing as I'm coming from an Atari ST* with a floppy disc drive (720kb per disk!) and a sampler with a ZIP disk (a slightly more respectable 100mb per disk). I bet neither of them even come close, eh?

* Which, by the way, was more stable than any PC or Mac I've ever used. Could be another angle for the PC vs Mac debate...
I came from an Atari ST as well, although a long time ago. I had mine from 1988 to 1997, back in the days when computers lasted 10 years (well almost). The ST was absolutely rock solid, especially when it came to MIDI - I used Pro24, and eventually Cubase 2.0 (that seemed like all you'd ever need back then).

I got Cubase VST in 1997 on the PC when I switched, and that really killed music for me... I just lost it. Suddenly I felt more like a software engineer than a musician. Fruity Loops revived me from my slumber about 7 years later, but shortly afterwards I migrated to the Mac and ended up with Logic Pro. It's incredible!

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks