View Single Post
bmxxx

bmxxx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB

Welcome to the forums! Alright well first off I think that the MacBook Pro would be better suited to you and your needs. If you are going to be doing a lot of photo and video editing you will really be able to appreciate the better graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support; 256MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.4GHz configuration; 512MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.5GHz and 2.6GHz configurations) and the larger screen. I know that might be a financial stretch but it will be well worth it with all of the windows crap you WON'T have to put up with! Now, all of that is not to take away from the standard MacBook, it is a great machine by any standards. But the Pro will afford you a much higher quality experience if photo and video editing is your thing. And another thing, don't let the fact that you have never worked with Mac get into your head. I am a recent switcher and the OS is very intuitive and easy to learn, as you would expect from Apple. One last thing to take into consideration, whether you opt for the Pro or the standard vs. a PC notebook is that you will be taken care of AFTER your purchase with Apple. Compared to Microsoft tech support (study up on your indian!)

Just some food for thought. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

MacBook|2.4GHz|250GB/iPod G4|20 GB
QUOTE Thanks