Thread: Noisy DVD Drive
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStokes View Post
Is it normal that the DVD drive in a MacBook Pro is very noisy?

When I put a disc in, everyone in my office cringes as the machine fires it up.

It's quite difficult to describe the sound, but it sounds like the reader head moving around (a motor sound) and a couple of clicks. It all works fine, just sounds horrible when inserting and ejecting discs.

Thanks

Mark
That's actually not uncommon for slot-loading optical drives. Both of my MacBook Pros make a whirring noise and some mechanical sounding clunks and clicks upon insertion and ejection. Believe it or not, the new one is louder than the old one.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks