View Single Post
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG-ITS View Post
Sorry I haven't gotten back earlier... 3 yobs keep me busy.

So, basically, all I need is my MacBook, my external HDD with my .pst file and so called "Parallels", right?

And then, running Parallels, I can run windows from my MacOS Session and then, to avoid the step through Thunderbird (as far as I understand, Thunderbird will not support calendar/tasks/...) I run O2M, exporting from the "virtual" Windows/Office, copying onto the external HDD. Exiting the virtual environment, plugging the HDD to my "real" Mac and then import those files (the ones O2M just created) into whichever programm is the Outlook equivalent for Mac.

Am I on the right track here?

Thank you so much.
Really do appreciate it.
Chris
Chris,

You'll need to have at least Windows installed on your Mac before you can use Outlook. You can do that 2 ways:

1, Install Windows in Boot Camp, then just run Windows natively there without using OS X. You can then install Office 2007 directly into Windows and have Outlook available that way. Then use that to import your Outlook files and use them with Windows in a strictly Windows environment;

or 2, install Windows into Boot Camp and then install Parallels in Mac OS X. You can then import Windows into Parallels from Boot Camp and install Office into Windows on the OS X desktop. Doing it that way, you'd have both Windows and OS X working on the same desktop. Note that Windows runs a little slower this way, but you have direct interface with Mac programs.

Note in 2, you don't have to install Windows into Boot Camp. You can install Parallels in OS X first and then install Windows directly into Parallels.

Hope this clarifies the situation a little.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks