View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
EEK!

Am I the only one who would HATE a Mac Mini AIR?!!?
No disc drive?!?!
What's the world coming to!??!??!!?
Would a RAM drive option make it move expensive?
Well honestly... what do you REALLY need a disc drive for? For my needs, as a secondary computer in the living room for connecting to my entertainment system, I have absolutely no need for a disc drive, and a greater need for a low profile box. Just use the "borrow a disc drive" software for installing anything that you actually still buy on a DVD. I very rarely use the drive on my Mac Pro as it is. Most software I use these days is shareware.

As for a RAM drive, yeah it'd be more expensive, but that's why it should be an "option".

What I ultimately hope to see one day is the Mac Mini reduced to bare bones footprint and a multi-touch tablet Mac (bare-bones also). When I first got my HDTV, I showed off to some visitors how I could hook up my laptop to the TV and remotely control it with my iPhone using a VNC client I downloaded to the iPhone. Ultimately, I'd like to have a headless Mac Mini attached to the TV rather than a laptop, and have a tablet for use alone or for controlling the Mini as need be.
QUOTE Thanks