View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitup1 View Post
With the mini not being much less expensive than the new iMac, with a substantially slower processor, no screen or webcam, how are its sales doing?
The Mini starts at $599, the iMac starts at $1299. I wouldn't characterize the difference as "not being much less expensive than the new iMac", when in fact the iMac is twice the price.

Quote:
It seems like more people are interested in the iMac than the mini these days and most of the mini's updates are quiet and not very substantial.
The Mini is Apple's effort to compete with lower-end PCs. Sure, it's not all that cheap, but it makes it easier for most people to swallow that it's less than $1000. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of upgrades to specifications given the relatively low price tag.

Quote:
I really hope they don't discontinue the mini but one can wonder, when will the mini get a new look to it like the iMac and Air?
How do you think they'd change it? Most of the updates to the rest of the model line have been aluminum cases (or at least aluminum-colored case materials), I think the Mini looks like it fits in perfectly.

Quote:
I haven't heard any rumors at all.What is going on with it? Will something big be done with it or will it stay as a mini part of Apple?
Well, this is just speculation on my part, but I think the updates will continue as they always have with small, incremental updates - and I think the Mini will continue to be produced. It's an easy way for someone that already has a PC, but wants to try a Mac to switch in a cost-effective manner.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks