View Single Post
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I am surprised this wasn't posted here already... so here goes:

I just recently got the new iMac with Leopard for my dad. I wanted to transfer all my music to his iMac. Surprisingly it was as simple as 1,2,3... no extra software needed.

If you already have an iTunes account, then all you need to do is sign to iTunes on your new computer with the same credentials as the original account. Plug in your iPod that is Loaded with all your Music Purchases and iTunes will ask you what do you want to do. "Transfer Music from iPod" or "Erase and Sync iPod". Click on the "Transfer Music from iPod" and PRESTO, all the purchased songs and movies will be transfered on ur new Mac no problem.

Granted, this doesn't work for photos. Also, I am not sure but it might not work with music purchased from other sources than iTunes but I wouldn't know since I just deal with iTunes.

Also, I have some songs I got for free from other websites and those didn't transfer with that method.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

MMM
QUOTE Thanks