View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I don't know if this will help or not. I bought a used DLink DI-624 and it has very bad range with WiFi. If I am not in the same room as the router it does what you are experiencing. I did a signal strength test on it and it's way lower than any router that I own and I have maybe 15 here for testing. It's signal even with the test system right at it's antenna is 50dba while any other router here hits 99dba even a foot or so back, and 50 in the next room. By the time I get in the next room from the Dlink the signal is in the 20dba range. I did some googling when I first got the DI-624 and an amazing number of people had that same low signal problem that mine was having.

Maybe it's an issue that happens over time as mine was used when I bought it.

This issue here is on any notebook in the house including thinkpads, Compaq AMD 64, Macs and an HP.
QUOTE Thanks