View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

WindowServer, in a nutshell is the underlying process that handles drawing out your screen. It is the basis for the GUI aspects of MacOS X, similar to the GDI in Windows.

My guess is that a badly behaved program is causing this spike in utilization. In addition to what Mac57 has already recommended, I would suggest creating a new user account for testing purposes to see if the behavior persists. This helps us to determine the scope of the issue.

Unfortunately, in the IT world, intermittent issues are among the toughest to troubleshoot. So, bear with us and hopefully we can figure something out.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks