View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite.taker View Post
I mainly work around with viewing and making documents, files and presentation, and listening to music and watching movies. That sums up most of the work I do on a computer on a regular basis. Nothing more or exotic than that.

So, due you think a Mac is necessary for doing this, will it simplify and make my work easier and peaceful? Or is it advisable to simply stick with a PC? Please don't be biased. What benefits do I get using a Mac rather than a PC? And are there any disadvantages or difficulties that one faces in switching to a Mac from a PC?

Please reply soon. Thanks in advance.
I can see no reason for you to get a Mac. What you have now seems to work just fine for you.
Whether or not something makes things "easier" for you is entirely subjective... what is easy for some is extremely difficult for others.

If you are curious about Macs, visit an Apple Store or other Macintosh retailer and try one out. If you are still interested, then I would suggest getting a previous generation model opposed to a new MacBook, something at least in the G4 range. Just be sure to purchase one that has all the installation discs included. That way you can acclimate yourself to the OS and not drop too much money on something that you may not enjoy or need.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks