View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
That last part is completely untrue. Most applications will run at full speed, only games requiring OpenGL or Direct3D will run poorly.
Ah yer right... bad choice of words. I've mostly been experimenting with a few older games, and they run awful under Parallels. Better under Fusion than Parallels actually, but still too choppy.

Quote:
BTW, Crossover will only allow applications to run that do not require any native Windows components or APIs (such as IE, or DirectX) for example.
Now THAT is untrue. Support is by no means complete, but many DirectX games run very well. The Pro Pinball tables, which I am advocating myself, are very playable at full speed, with only a couple glitches, and they aren't being software rendered... they are using DirectX. The current nightly build has eliminated one of those glitches already. Many other DirectX games are known to work FLAWLESSLY. And Crossover lets you install the Windows version of Internet Explorer and use it.
QUOTE Thanks