View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

It's been a little while since a fresh install, but I'm thinking Leopard was right around the 4 GB size you are missing in the initial TM back up.

I do remember my initial back up when I was using TM, was not as large as the used space on my drive. I do believe it only backs up your users folder, apps, pref settings and such.

Nothing wrong with TM and it seemed to work flawlessly while I was using it, but this is why I've gone back to SuperDuper! I much prefer having a full bootable backup so if anything does happen, I just simply boot to the other drive and keep going until I have the time to replace the internal drive.

TM is probably better for those that need to maintain copies of files through several modifications.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks