View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Keep all of my music on an external drive also, stored in a folder I aptly named "Music".

Open iTunes - then Preferences - go to the Advanced tab - then the General tab.

There you'll see "iTunes music folder location" - click the Change button next to it and navigate to the location on your external drive where you want your music.

Check mark both items below - Keep organized and Copy to folder.

If your music is already there, iTunes will reconnect with all your music.

One issue with this scenario - If you open iTunes while not connected to your external drive and you have any podcast subscriptions, iTunes will automatically change the location back to the default so that it has a place to put the new downloads.

Not a big problem, just go back and change it again. After a couple of times, you'll soon remember not to open itunes when not connected to the external. As for those new downloads, just open Finder and start playing them from the default location, only need to play about 1-2 seconds of each one, and iTunes will move them over to the external, then you can delete them.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks