View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtolife04 View Post
OK so SuperDuper was going really slow, but I downloaded Carbon Copy Cloner and it did it all in 2 and a half hours. I'm using USB because it needs to work with mac & pc, plus I don't have any more outlets left in my room.

What do I need to do to just UPDATE it with Carbon Copy Cloner now, instead of totally erasing the HD and cloning it again? Do I just have to select "incremental backup of selected items" and remember what folders & stuff I have edited/added to and select those, or is there another way?
Use the incremental backup. CCC will know which folders\files have changed since your last backup. However, you might want to consider doing a complete backup every so often - that is, erasing and doing a full backup. CCC will also make sure your external USB drive is bootable in case you run into difficulty with your internal HD. Regards.
QUOTE Thanks