View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinlord14 View Post
"1. Does the problem occur on specific occasions (i.e. when certain programs are open, when you're performing a particular task or only after a certain amount of time running)?"

No, it does not seem to have anything that triggers the screen going pink. I have found that the problem does not usually occur for at least 15 minutes or so though.

"2. When the problem occurs, does a reboot solve it (even temporarily)?"

Yes, a reboot will solve it for a little while. Sometimes I have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before turning it on again, but rebooting helps temporarily.
Those two things make me suspect heat problems. But the fact that many times it goes away after a reboot is surprising if that was the case.

Quote:
"3. What version of Mac OS are you using and how is your MacBook Pro equipped (any aftermarket memory?)."

I am using OS X version 10.4.11
Are you using the original memory that Apple installed from the factory?

Quote:

"5. Did anything change on the system around the time the problem started to occur?"

Nothing changed on the system exept for the screen going pink and then slowely going grey.
What I mean by that is whether you installed any new software packages or added any peripherals around the time the problem started. In particular, software packages like Photoshop can come with tools that attempt to better calibrate the display and I wonder if something got installed accidentally that impacts the color.

This seems like a tough one to diagnose remotely. Any chance you could take a picture of what the screen looks like when the problem starts?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks