Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
03-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by penguinlord14
Ok, I ran the hardware test, and I tried changing the calibration. The calibration change didn't do anything, my Macbook Pro still had the same problem. The hardware test said that nothing was wrong.
Can you tell us a little more about the problem?
1. Does the problem occur on specific occasions (i.e. when certain programs are open, when you're performing a particular task or only after a certain amount of time running)?
2. When the problem occurs, does a reboot solve it (even temporarily)?
3. What version of Mac OS are you using and how is your MacBook Pro equipped (any aftermarket memory?).
4. Do environmental conditions impact the problem (i.e. does it only happen when outside or at certain temperatures).
5. Did anything change on the system around the time the problem started to occur?
The answers to these questions, even if they seem irrelevant, may help us to narrow down the problem. I would also recommend creating a new user account and logging into that and performing your normal tasks. If it happens under another user account, then we know that the problem is system-wide and is not specific to any one user.
Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!