View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshale View Post
Thank you very much for the information! You are correct in saying that this would suit my task... because it does perfectly! But the only problem is that it's pricey, and I don't have any spare HDDs laying around, lol. Then what would I do with my poor 2.5" drive?? I saw one that was made my ASUS, but it had it's own antenna and was 802.11g...
Well, you don't have to have both the bays full, BTW... A nice Seagate 250GB SATA drive with a 5-year warranty goes for about $65 shipped these days. So, for less than $250, you have an expandable, power-efficient server with Gigabit Ethernet. Seems like a decent deal to me.

I can't imagine that a G-based Wi-Fi only NAS drive would be fast enough to stream video, but YMMV.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks