View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshale View Post
Hi, and thanks for reading!

I recently had an idea to keep all of my video files on a separate external hard drive. Now, I wold like to use that same drive as a NAS device. I am going to use itunes to get those files from that drive so that I can use Connect360 to view them on my xbox. I have looked, and looked and I cannot find an enclosure for my 2.5" drive that can get this done for me. I would like to have a gigabit connection, but the 100 mbps is fine too. right now, the enclosure that I am using has a USB port, and no external power supply, so you must connect it to a computer for it to even power up. Does such an enclosure exist?

Thanks again!
I don't know of a NAS enclosure that supports 2.5" drives, but I personally own a D-Link DNS-323 and think it would be perfectly suited to your task. In addition to having Gigabit ethernet support, it can also do RAID1/0 and has a built-in iTunes server. It's a little pricey at about $170, but it's an awesome little server. The pictures e its size too, it's just big enough to contain 2 3.5" drives.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks