View Single Post
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I'm assuming you're using Leopard here. Tell me if I'm wrong so I can change the directions.

1. System Preferences > Network

Click the + button and select "VPN" from the dropdown menu. If you're as experienced with this as you say you are, then you should be able to figure out what to do with the options from here on out.

2. Microsoft has Remote Desktop Connection available for free download on their Mac site. Make sure to download the 2.0 Beta version since I assume you're using an Intel-based Mac. It's also just better in general than the non-beta. The interface works just like the Windows version.

On VNC, I don't find it particularly slow to be honest; Chicken of the VNC has actually worked faster for me than Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection in my experience. Then again, the computer it was accessing was faster so... whatever. If speed is your real concern, you should be using ssh anyway.

Welcome to the boards, and enjoy your stay!
QUOTE Thanks