View Single Post
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscadden View Post
I have been getting some strange complaints from windows users. They are telling me that my photos do not look good. Not to say that I am the most accomplished photographer in the world....but I think I take some pretty good shots.

When viewing my photos on a Windows machine....be it via my Web Gallery or one of a few websites....the photos don't looks so good. Is it my fault that these people have crappy monitors? Should I change how I display my photos to accommodate them? There are still a lot of Windows users out there and considering that a couple of the websites are business sites.....I suppose that I should try to accommodate this. I just don't know how. Now that I only own Macs with good screens......what do I do?

Has anyone else ran into this concern? There must be a solution. Most of the creative world uses Macs and most of the consumer world views info on PC's.....
I wouldn't say that the MBP's monitor is good and that a PC's monitor is crappy, especially since PC's generally aren't tied to one type of monitor. The Apple LCD's are notorious for being badly calibrated out of the box and that could be your problem. My MBP is horrible, but I haven't spent the money on a calibration tool yet. My Dell notebook and LG 22" FP are much closer to a normally calibrated screen. The MBP's are usually a lot brighter out of the box and need gamma reduced. Editing a photo on the MBP to a correct exposure and then viewing it on any other monitor I use ends up making it look dark.

Plus, don't edit in aRGB mode, just use standard RGB. It's what the rest of the world uses.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks