View Single Post
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
That said, I would steer way clear of Quickbooks. They recently issued a patch that would randomly delete people's desktops, leading to data loss and other issues with the system. Last I heard, they released a patch to fix this, but it really didn't, and eventually they fixed it. Intuit already has a poor track record for supporting the Mac platform from what I've read, and a bug like this is wholly inexcusable IMO. I'm afraid I have no personal recommendations for an alternative to Quickbooks though.
The patch did not cause the problem, but the automatic update process did. The patch was to disable this update process, but it caused more problem with wireless networks. I don't know it it is a problem with the 2007 Apple version, but i know it is with the 2006 version. because I experience the problem that eventful week-end like everyone else did. I thought it was the upgrading to 10.4.11, because I did that the day before. Everything is working now, but I am on a wired network. So I don't have that security issue. Intuit had not updated me yet on a problem resolution.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks