01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I remember using Overflow when I first got a mac. Then I started using Quicksilver and it all went away. Long after that I see Jobs introduce Stacks. And the grid stack pretty much did was Overflow did so I thought it was a dead app. But not quite.
I tried it out today, and I must say, it is holding out on it's own.
- There's no fancy animation like in the Grid stack so it's faster. In fact, very fast, with almost no delay.
- The icons are pre-cached in so there's no delay there either.
- You can customise the apps, their order, groups and such.
- Adding important folders in there is also a plus.
- Right-click menu for a list of files/folders/apps.
- You can put it on the left side of the dock!