View Single Post
joyseeker

joyseeker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

"My name is Lynn and I am a .Mac support agent. Due to the popularity of several new .Mac features, we are receiving a larger number of requests than expected. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your request, and will do my best to assist you in a timely manner.

I reviewed the attachments you sent along with your reply, and noticed that you have two .Mac IMAP accounts - one for your .Mac account name 'EMAIL@ADDIE.com' and another one that is unnamed. It is likely that the second, unnamed account is causing the duplicate emails especially if the settings are the same as the 'EMAIL@ADDIE.com' account.

If that is an unused account, please delete it and see if that eliminates the duplicate emails. Before you that, please save/back-up any emails you would like to keep on your computer to make sure nothing important is lost. Then delete the account by using the 3 simple steps in the following link:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h.../en/10015.html

If that is not an unused account, please make sure it has an assigned username so that the mail program can distinguish between it and your 'EMAIL@ADDIE.com' account.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to respond to this email.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Lynn
.Mac Support "

i first noted my mac mail today can't download mail from my .mac account.

then i noted the support email was duplicated but with a different time.

and then i couldn't find 'ACCOUNTS' in preferences.

QUOTE Thanks