View Single Post
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

This is good that you're accessing the server with TightVNC. That means a connection to your linux machine is possible.

When you say that you get a gray screen when you do a full screen, is this in TightVNC (TVNC) or CotVNC? If it's in TVNC, when you're not using a full screen, do you have access to your desktop environment? Can you run things? Can you pull up an xterm? Browser? Other application? If you can, this is good! If you have what amounts to a full linux environment through TVNC, this is obviously what you want. If you can't, then you're not really connecting the way you need to connect. Knowing these details helps me to figure out what you're encountering.

What are you running for a linux distro, btw? What's your desktop environment? Gnome? KDE? Alternatively, are you running just a plain window manager such as fvwm or enlightenment?

This is a challenge. CotVNC was actually easy for me to get running on my Mac.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks