View Single Post
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
I think this is more of of an audio question

as in all audio stuff - its down to the quality of the amp and speakers

I looked at various computer speakers. In the end I just went for a decent Cambridge Audio amp and some compact Pioneer speakers.

IMO computer speakers are generally quite poor. You are better off running sound through a fairly decent separate amp and some quality speakers - just make a budget and visit an audio store rather than a computer store.
I would second that. Most computer speakers sets, especially those horrible satellite/sub setups are just awful: always way too much bass and no midrange at all. I got myself a set of M-Audio StudioPro 3 audio monitors that have been very good. They don't produce booming bass, but they do produce a very clear and accurate sound with a good midrange. If you want a lot of bass, I think they can be connected to a subwoofer somehow, but I haven't done it.

I would rather have the satellite/sub setup for visual aesthetics and bass, but after hearing music through these they all just sound like garbage and I'll never go back.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks