Member Since: May 29, 2007
Mac Specs: 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
10-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by ChaePod
Hey guys. As my parents said the MBP is too expensive, I am planning on buying a refurbished Macbook Pro 2.2 or 2.4 ghz after the next update of the MBP, so that hopefully they may be a lot cheaper.
I have a few questions.
1) Can u use the student discount with refurbished MacBook Pros?
2) How is the quality of the MBP overall? As if it is brand new? Is it a new battery and everything? Do they get rid of the scratches? Does it come well bv\oxed like the new MBPs? (love apple boxes
3) Does it come with everything as if I bought a brand new MBP, iLife 08, Leopard, Remote and everything...
4) Finally, How much in USD do you think a 2.4ghz 15" Model (refurbished) will cost AFTER the next MBP update.. (with the expected Penryn chips)
Thanks in advance guys
1) No. It didnt for me.
2) I have a MB not MBP but the looks and qulaity are all new. Everything is replaced that broken and my battery was perfect.
3) Everything and I'm assuming Leopard. Very interesting question. I'd call Apple just to make sure.
4) The model you want now is 2199 which is a 13% discount. typically they'll go down to about 25% to 35% after an updated model, so I would wager between 1700 and 1900. That of course cant be verified by anyone, but that was my experience when I got my 2.0 macbook after the 2.16 macbook came out.