View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The MBP would be taking a step backwards in processor speed (2.8 to 2.4), hard drive speed without an upgrade (7200 to 5400), and hard drive space (500 to 160).

For any gaming you're wanting to do, the MBP's nVidia 8600 GT is a slightly better performing card vs. the ATI 2600Pro in the iMac.

The most significant differences you would see between the 2 machines I believe would be:
1) increased playable frame rates in most games on the MBP (and this one would bear much more research as Apple is known for underclocking the video cards in their rigs and I have not done the appropriate research to know this info related to either of these new models).
2) between the processor and the hard drive (without actual testing mind you, only my best guess), I would expect to see up to a 30% advantage in encoding times with the iMac over the MBP

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks