Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

MrsRed, one other thing. When your Mac is not otherwise doing anything, please pull up Activity Monitor (in your Utilities folder) and observe what the resting level of your CPU activity is at. It should be somewhere between 0% and 5% at the most. If it is more than that, use the process listing of Activity Monitor to determine what process is responsible for the extra CPU percentage. If you do find such a process, or more than one, please report them back here.

...and PLEASE tell me that you do not have ANY Norton product loaded on your Mac. They cause SO many problems that if you do, I would recommend uninstalling immediately.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks