10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
To clear a mix of driver files and get only the latest Intel Core Duodriver
download installed and working properly, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any EPSON receipts.
10. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the
download for the new Intel Core Duodriver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select PRINTERS under Product then INKJET, then your model.
3. Under DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Core Duo system:
Printer Driver v3.5aAs
Macintosh OS X (v10.2.8 or later), Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or
epson12250.dmg - 7.4MB - posted on 04/13/07
1. After download is complete, double click the icon that appears on your
desktop. This will create a disk image on your desktop.
2. Open this disk image and double-click the INSTALLER icon to begin the
3. Enter password and follow prompts through install.
4. Quit the installer and restart the Mac once the installation is
Please try the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel
Core Duodriver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. Your printer model should automatically appear under PRINT USING. If it
does not appear, select OTHER (not EPSON - which links you to GIMP drivers,
which we don't recommend or support).
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Core DuoEpson driver plugins, be they
resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet
Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of PRINT USING again to (re)select the
printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the PRINT USING list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made
default before testing.
If you require further assistance with this particular issue, please ensure
all of our previous correspondence is contained in your reply, so we can
better track the history of this issue.
If you have a different issue, please submit another E-form via our website
, and we will respond in a timely manner. Thank you
again for contacting Epson.
--Your original question has been
Downloaded the only mac. files available. non were listed as Intel core duo
with os X drivers. Installed as directed. Printer browser showed Picture
Mate PM 240 The add button was shaded. There were no drivers for this
printer. Please help.Web_Supportma@ea.epson.com
wrote:Thank you for
contacting the Epson Connection.Please do the following to download and
install the printer driver for yourIntel Core system.DOWNLOADPlease follow
the steps below to download and install your printer in OSX.4:1. Go to the
. Under the PRINTERS heading select INKJET
and then your printer model.3. Under the Drivers & Downloads section select
Macintosh. Download theMacintosh Intel Core Duo with OS X
driverINSTALLATION1. After download is complete, double click the icon that
appears on yourdesktop, then click CONTINUE, then CONTINUE again, then OK
on theINSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFUL screen.2. Open the new folder created by
the extraction process. It will appearsomething like epson1XXXX (X
represents variable numbers).3. When you open this folder, you will find a
file with a .DMG extension -double-click it. This will create another icon
on the desktop with the nameof your printer. Double-click to open the DISK
IMAGE file.NOTE: In most OS 10.4 systems the installer will perform this
stepautomatically and you will see an INSTALLER.PKG file.4. Double click
the INSTALLER.PKG file to start the installation process.5. The next menu
will prompt you to ensure that you have AdministratorRights to install the
printer driver. Click on the lock (if necessary) andenter your password.6.
The actual installation process will begin. Click CONTINUE, thenCONTINUE
again at the SOFTWARE AGREEMENT window, then CONTINUE again, thenAGREE.7.
You will be prompted to select a disk to install the printer to. Selectthe
appropriate Macintosh HD or OS X drive or partition and click CONTINUE.8.
In the next window that appears, click INSTALL.9. You may be informed that
the computer needs to be restarted afterinstallation; click CONTINUE
INSTALLATION here. The driver will now beinstalled and the system
optimized. Restart the computer when install
iscomplete.Configuration1. Make sure that your printer is turned on and
connected to yourcomputer.2. Open the HARD DRIVE, go into the
APPLICATIONS, and select the UTILITIESfolder.3. Double click on the
PRINTER SETUP UTILITY. If your printer is listedcorrectly, close out of the
windows and test your printer, as it is alreadyinstalled.4. If it is not
listed click the Add tab at the top of the Printer Browserwindow. Another
window should open showing the printer model you have,highlight this and
select ADD. Close out of any open windows and test yourprinter. Please
make sure that you select the correct printer in the PAGESETUP and PRINT
menu of the application.If you do not see the name of the printer in the
Window ensure the deviceis powered on and connected directly to your
system. If you still do notsee the printer name try another USB port or