Thread: error messages
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenyc View Post
It's not one thing in particular. Everytime something crashes on one of my Macs, the error is <unknown>. Is this the equivalent of the General Protection Fault error?
Hard to say, this is akin to calling your mechanic and saying "I have a car and it is broken - what's wrong"? You've given us absolutely nothing to go on...

It would help to have the circumstances during which one of the problems occurs (just take one, repeatable incident for an example). What programs are running at the time and what version of Mac OS it's running? If you can't do that, even a screen shot would be helpful.

I have yet to see an error message that says "error unknown" in my own experience.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks