0" Apple display, I guess I got that confused with the new 20" aluminum iMacs. All these short hands for stuff gets confusing. Anyways, the Core Duo iMac will more than handle CS3 or any photo editing. I tested CS with 3- 400MB files open " /> Mac Forums - View Single Post - Keep 20" iMac, or get something else?
View Single Post
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

20" Apple display, I guess I got that confused with the new 20" aluminum iMacs. All these short hands for stuff gets confusing.

Anyways, the Core Duo iMac will more than handle CS3 or any photo editing. I tested CS with 3- 400MB files open and was only using 1GB of the 2GB of RAM that were installed.
(btw, more RAM doesn't make a computer run faster, it only allows more files and apps to be open at the same time)
I'd say stick with the Core Duo iMac with the ACD as a second monitor for the tool bars and other goodies. The 64 bit C2D mini sounds cool but it has integrated graphics so photo editing might not be as good compared to doing it on the iMac with its own dedicated and larger vid card.
-Peace

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks