View Single Post
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
That might do the trick. The only other thing I could find was a kit that promised to work with almost any stereo and was $150. Most kits seem to be manufacturer-specific and have some kind of little box between the stereo and iPod connection.

I'm a little hesitant, because if that's all you need for $20, how would anyone get away with selling $100+ "kits". Maybe those little boxes facilitate some kind of interface to make using the stereo to control the iPod possible. In my case, I would be fine controlling the iPod directly to save that much money.

If anyone else out there is knowledgeable about this sort of thing, please drop some knowledge on me so I don't waste money on a cable that won't work.
If you are sure that you need the "8-PIN DIN" plug then I'm fairly sure that cable will do exacty what you want.... You could also ask the Mfg. that you mentioned if you can SEE the kit before you by it... then look to see if this is cable is what they are using to make the connection.

When you press the "Input" (or whatever your syereo refers to it as) does it scroll to an "Aux" or "line"?... If so, this is what you would select once your iPod is connected.

It would NOT shock me to know that a company is charging over $100 for a "kit" that is basicly just a $20 cable.... I would not be shocke at all.
QUOTE Thanks