View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by y04chs067 View Post
What's the 22 million when it is only about 2% of the world's computer market share (http://www.macrumors.com/2006/06/01/...-share-update/)
That number doesn't take into account those that download and play with Darwin. It doesn't account for hacked copies. It doesn't account for older hand-me-down machines.

Even still, that's a huge number of machines. It's just my personal opinion that if it were as easy to do as it is for Windows, it would have been done by now.

I'm not trying to delude myself into believing that OS X is the be all and end all of security. I KNOW that there will eventually be viruses for it. But to say that the only reason there are not viruses is that the OS is too obscure is just silly. Second to Windows machines, what's the next OS that comes to the minds of the average Joe? Macintosh. That's not obscurity if the general public is aware of it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks