View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by y04chs067 View Post
so are you trying to imply that say we reach the current market share of Windows, there may still be no virus for Macs? Just because Mac Users are "generally nice"? or that Mac Software is rather secure?
I'm not saying that there will never be an OS X virus, but I think 'security through obscurity' is a myth. There are a heck of a lot of Macs out there, you'd think that there would be at least ONE virus by now if the only thing protecting OS X was that it was obscure. Especially since it's such a compelling platform to exploit based on the how frequently it is touted as being secure and virus-free.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks