View Single Post
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

I did read it in its original form, but could only find this mention of it on oreillynet, a little more than halfway down the page.
Quote:
There was a recent thread on this in the Mac-L elist and Randy Singer (Co-Author of: The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)), who claims to have discussed this with the developer of ClamX on a MacIntouch thread says that there is no Mac-specific virus definition database that ClamX refers to:

>>He admitted that there were no definitions for Mac-specific malware in the ClamAV database, and that he himself didn't know how to write definitions for Mac malware to include in the ClamAV database, nor did he have access to Mac malware to use as a basis for creating such definitions.<<
I came across this again, direct from Symantic (Norton) posted by Todd Woodward on July 13, 2006. It made a brief splash at the time then disasppeared. I had forgotten about it.
Quote:
Let’s start with the hot-button issue of Mac OS X viruses. Simply put, at the time of writing this article, there are no file-infecting viruses that can infect Mac OS X. . . .
QUOTE Thanks