View Single Post
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

I think vBulletin is about as customisable as you get. If you can learn the scripting language it uses you'll be set. I also found Invision was quite easy to modify.

I'd play around with css positioning a bit, maybe you could try and start using some css, but not entirely. Learn the basics such as font formatting, and basic positioning. For positioning, start simple, do something like making 2 boxes and positioning them separately on your screen (don't worry about other people's resolutions). Example:

HTML:
<div class="boxOne">Text and/or image goes here</div>
<div class="boxTwo">Text and/or image goes here</div>

In your CSS file or head:
.boxOne {position: absolute; top: 5px; left 5px; width: 100px; height: 100px;background-color: #000;}
.boxTwo {position: absolute; top: 5px; left: 155px; width: 100px; height: 100px; background-color: #666;}

It's pretty self-explanatory. The 'position' attribute can be either absolute or relative. Play around with each of them and see if you can figure out which each does. I suggest you use only a text editor if you can. If you don't want to spend lots on BBEdit, try HyperEdit - it's decent and it's only $20.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks