View Single Post
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Hi Cam,

This is a difficult one .... you have a few different problems that may or may not be related to one single issue.

Individually, each issue may be able to be resolved but it is tricky to pin them all down to any one thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've had a few issues with your MBP?

I don't know what to say about the keyboard playing up, I googled around and couldn't find anything but then again, I was trying to seek answers to a "hard to paraphrase" issue.

With iMovie, I'd ask what you have installed lately and if you've ran a maintenance app like OnyX or Main Menu etc. If you're working on a project be sure to save it frequently. I just had a look at iMovie and added a couple of Transitions. Then I clicked on one to highlight it and right-clicked and selected "Select Similiar Clips" from the contextual menu. This selection caused all the transitions to become selected and I hit the Delete button and the Transitions went up in a puff of smoke.

You mention that you receive a warning System Sound telling you that you can't delete the Transitions. So, from this I'm guessing you can select a Transition but when you hit the Delete key - you hear the warning sound? So you can add Transitions, but can't delete them ... how about if you select a Transition and then right-click and choose 'Clear' from the menu?

Have you tried creating a new user account and testing iMovie out there?

As for the last issue; I don't know what a fan tray is, I'm sorry .... but when you say you have the AC on, do you mean your MBP is connected to the mains?

I'm sorry I can't be any more help Cam .... but it must frustrate you no end when the keyboard goes awry!
QUOTE Thanks