View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk_000 View Post
^^That's very helpful! Thanks!

We priced out both a Dell and iMac. It's going to cost roughly $250 more for the iMac. And we'd have to purchase a copy of XP SP2 for some of the games that my dad/brothers own, plus Microsoft Office for Mac. So, I just need to convince my parents that it will be worth the extra costs...
Do consider the cost of security and anti-virus/spyware software for the PC that you won't need to purchase for the Mac as well.

By the way, VirtueDesktops development has been abandoned (mostly due to the inevitability of Spaces), but it still rocks. I haven't had any trouble with it at all - and there are a ton of features.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks