Member Since: Oct 16, 2006
Location: Birmingham (S), UK
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I think I'm going to take the Plunge and swap my Internal Hard Drive in my iMac so I have a few questions if people don't mind.
- What Drive Manufacturer/Drive Spec/ other useful info to look for when buying the Internal Drive?
- Would I be better transferring or creating an Image of my Current Drive to move on my New One?
- How would I got about getting this Image on my New Drive?
- Any guides out there that you think I might find useful?
- Is it worth portioning Large Hard Drives especially the one containing the OS?
Thanks for any help you can offer. Cheers
edit: A Bit of Infor about my Current Setup or reasons behind it all.
Well basically at the moment I have a 250Gb Hard Drive and I have run out of room, following many clearances but I have got to the point where I can delete no more. So I was considering getting a 750GB Internal SATA II Drive just wondering about Problems, Help Info or anything really that could aid me in doing this.