View Single Post
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaurotu View Post
I really want to use Cocoa with Xcode, but it seems to me that Cocoa developers love Objective-C. I used C++ on Linux and don't really want to learn C just to learn Objective-C.
Uh? If you know C++ then you have already learned C.

Many say Objective-C is a nicer and easier to understand extension to C then C++ is. My one experiment with C++ was a nightmare I don't wish to return to, but Objective-C made more sense to me. I had some C experience before trying either.

I think to take advantage of the Apple frameworks, you'll mostly need to use Objective-C. There is suppose to be C++ integration of some sort, but I don't have any working knowledge about that.

If you "really want to use Cocoa with Xcode" then pick up one of the highly recommended books and take a stab at it.
QUOTE Thanks