View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomskk View Post
he has a brand new mac book with 10.4.8 cds and I have a 3 year old powerbook g4. Is this the problem? If i find the original cds will it work?
There is your problem. You can NOT boot a G4/G5 Mac with a Macbook DVD. One is for Intel the other for Power PC. Can you find your media? If not get a hold of Apple. I am pretty sure from what happened at the Apple Store if you find your Media all will work. Just be sure once in the installer to run the Disc Utility and partition/Erase the new drive.
QUOTE Thanks