View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Downloaded and installed the iP4300 manual for the Mac. Canon is being nuts here, the manual installs as an application rather than just some type of document file. But anyway, under the network setup, it goes through set up instructions on an all OS X network, and then has a note at the bottom - see attached. Did not want to check out the windows version myself, but you could download and verify yourself.

Based on this note, that this printer cannot be shared from Mac to windows computers, my guess would be that the printer does not support SMB and the reverse would also be true, e.g. no OS X support from a windows machine.

Personally, if it's still new, would take the printer back and find one that will function on multiple OS's simultaneously.
For myself, have switched to network printers so I can plug them directly into my router and bypass all the hassle of sharing between sometimes 5 OS's I may have running.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (6.3 KB, 5 views)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks