View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The link Settha has for the MyBook Pro above would probably be a very good choice for a 1TB. This is a triple interface drive, FW800/400/USB. Has 2 internal drives, so you could try the RAID if you like. Same drive at newegg is $369.99, but for $5 probably worth getting at Costco if you can drive to get it locally.

WD does not indicate which drives they have inside, but if it is either the SE16 or more likely the RE2 since they're designing it for RAID, these are currently the quietest and coolest drives on the market while consistently ranking between the middle to the top of the pack in all tests I have seen thrown at them.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks