View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Here is a link to a lot of research I did a month ago on externals. Am looking for storage specifically for video also.
Takes me a long time to decide. Am still looking at and reading reviews. The 2nd post has the drives I found. As you get to the end, I am still torn between OWC and WD.

OWC by the way does have RAID options. In my computer purchasing decisions over the years I tend to buy top of the line or as close to it as I can afford. Have never been in a position where SCSI was within my budget for my home machines though. I have tried the RAID0 route on several occasions due to my use of video related tasks and just had too many problems and finally gave up. As part of my research, for this purchase of hard drives, I PM'd some of the IT techs we have here on this site for their opinions of non-SCSI RAID. Their experience/opinions matched mine. So, if you are looking for trouble free, I can't recommend it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks