Thread: Fios connection
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerj View Post
I'm planning on getting FIOS where I live and I certainly hope that their router is compatible with my Mac(s). I just switched out my wired linksys with a wireless that I was previously using as a WAP and noted a significant speed-up with my DSL.

Of course, that could be because the wireless router (also linksys) is much newer and has a more recent firmware revision. Still, I'd hate to have to piggyback my wireless off of theirs since it might slow it down.

Or maybe not; FIOS is supposed to be so fast you wouldn't notice. :bomb:
I don't think that would be of concern. You're still at 100Mb between the two routers. I know FIOS offers some high-bandwidth packages, but I don't think they go that high.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks