View Single Post
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailily View Post
Hi there!

I'm new to the forums. I am expecting our first child in July, and due to complications, have been admitted to the hospital here in NYC for the duration of my pregnancy...yikes!!

Anywhowhat, I am a writer, and rely on my stunningly gorgeous intel mac to work. For some reason, it's impossible to connect to any wireless networks here at the hospital, even though there are dozens of them that pop up when I turn on my mac. None of them connect. In the interim, my husband called netzero and set up a dial-up connection (I seriously forgot how incredibly slow dial-up is - yikes!).

Soooo, the question is, can anyone suggest how I would set myself up for broadband wireless? Should I bring my airport base station from home to the hospital? Another patient has a pc, and got a verizon wireless card. She has verizon cell service,and called them up and they set her up and she now has broadband wireless. The thing is, she had to get an external wireless card - isn't mine built in? I'm sorry, I'm so incredibly confused, but would like to get set up as soon as possible. If someone has a step by step solution, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Mai
First, Congratulations on having a baby!

I could not tell you why you are not able to connect to the wireless network in the hospital, but its probably secure, and not a internet gateway just a way for the hospital to share information amongst themselves. The wireless card you are speaking of that the other patient has is a external wireless card that allows her to connect to cell towers, it is not the same kind of wireless technology that your computer has built in. You can contact Verizon or your wireless carrier, to see if they have an option like that for your macbook, but normally it requires a pc slot that the macbook does not have, they may have a usb version.

IF you want to use the hospitals network, ask a nurse to send in somebody who knows about the computers in the hospital and ask them if you can use your computer on their network for internet access.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks