View Single Post
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I don't think they got the idea for the entire OS from Mac OS X. But, I do notice certain features that are similar between both OSes. If the dashboard "widgets" were based on the previous Mac OS's Desktop Accessories, then I'd say the whole Vista "gadgets" thing is an idea from Mac OS X. However, if the idea for the dashboard came from the Yahoo! konfabulator, then both OSes copied Yahoo!. Most of the stuff could be coincidence though. I don't think you'd try to compete with another company by copying their product, especially when you're the top dog. When it comes to the Spotlight similarities, I don't think they copied Mac. That's a great feature, but it's not like it was so original that some other software developer for Microsoft couldn't have thought up something like that without any inspiration from Apple. As far as the chess thing goes, I mean come on. If anyone should be accusing Vista of copying it should be Parker Brothers or Milton Bradley, and they could accuse Apple of it too.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks